Re: Sound Recorder, great app

Sujet : Re: Sound Recorder, great app
De : andrew (at) *nospam* spam.net (Andrew)
Groupes : comp.mobile.android
Date : 14. Jun 2024, 22:13:51
R.Wieser wrote on Fri, 14 Jun 2024 21:28:20 +0200 :

Do us a favour, and check the permissions they request/require before you
suggest them.

Give me credit for responding based on person who is asking the question.
 <https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/search?q=voice+recorder>

An example is my response to someone like Andy Burns will be quite
different than my response to someone like micky, who never searches before
asking and who never puts useful information into his questions.

It's not the first time micky has asked this question, you know.
 <https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/search?q=transcribe>

Some of those resulting threads are authored by micky himself, e.g.,
 *Voice Recorder app that will stop recording when it's quiet*
 <https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/F6TdYrIo_yM/>

And it's not the first time micky asks us to figure out the app from the
icon (which is simply ridiculous, mind you) such as when he describes it as
"Sound Recorder, the icon is a red square with white oscilloscope lines".

Note that I've patiently explained to micky a thousand times how to find
the unique package name of any app  - and yet micky still describes an app
by the color of its icon (particularly for a common app like a recorder).

That's just three things which are absurd about micky's question, Rudy.

Given I knew at least those three things that you didn't know, you have to
start to begin to get an inkling of why I responded the way that I did.