Re: Are iPhones subject to ransomware attacks?

Sujet : Re: Are iPhones subject to ransomware attacks?
De : jollyroger (at) *nospam* pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Groupes : misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date : 16. Mar 2024, 17:35:32
On 2024-03-16, Sten deJoode <StendeJood@nospam.net> wrote:
On 15 Mar 2024 22:18:48 GMT, Jolly Roger wrote:

To be successfully attacked by malware, a Mac user must interactively
download the malware to their computer

That's dead wrong.

Nope, it's correct.

There have been *plenty* of zero-day zero-click no-interaction holes
in Apple's operating systems

There have been plenty of zero days in *all* operating systems, "Sten"
(Arlen), yet you constantly ignore everything but Apple zero days,
because: troll. Also, the overwhelming majority of zero days are
discovered by security researchers in labs rather than in the wild, and
they are more often than not patched in the latest OS release. So
keeping your devices up to date (one of the safe computing best
practices I mentioned) is the best defense against them.

JR