Re: [RUMOUR] iPhone 16 (or 17) won'ty have physical buttons

Sujet : Re: [RUMOUR] iPhone 16 (or 17) won'ty have physical buttons
De : REMOVETHISbadgolferman (at) *nospam* gmail.com (badgolferman)
Groupes : misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date : 23. Apr 2024, 12:28:27
Wilf wrote:

On 23/04/2024 at 06:41, Jörg Lorenz wrote:
Am 23.04.24 um 01:34 schrieb badgolferman:
Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com> wrote:

There are lots of rumors that the iPhone 16 (or maybe 17) will
lose some or all of its physical buttons, to be replaced with
capacitive touch buttons instead. Assuming the rumours turn out
to be true (and likely on the high end model first), you'll
probably see Samsung make fun of how silly the idea is ... only
to of course then copy it six months later on their own new
phone models.

Personally I hate touch buttons. Physical buttons are far far
better.  Even car makers who had used touch buttons on their
infotainment devices and steering wheels controls have realised
they're crap and are moving back to physical ones instead.

If Apple does it then it will be the best thing since sliced
bread and will be defended to the death in this group.

Do you have something material to contribute, Troll?

I personally prefer physical buttons for some purposes.  The iPhone
14 and earlier mute switch is something I can actuate in which way I
wish even in the dark or in a pocket and can also, by touch, know
which position it is in.  Very useful.  Does this make me an "Arlen"?

Any opinion outside of the "approved" Apple one makes you a troll.