Re: [NEWS] New iPad Pro, iPad Air, Pencil

Sujet : Re: [NEWS] New iPad Pro, iPad Air, Pencil
De : ithinkiam (at) *nospam* gmail.com (Chris)
Groupes : comp.mobile.ipad
Date : 09. May 2024, 09:55:17
Hank Rogers <invalid@nospam.com> wrote:
Chris <ithinkiam@gmail.com> wrote:
Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com> wrote:

Apple has announced new equipment:

- iPad Pro with M4 chip, OLED Display
- iPad Air with M2 chip, in 11in and 13in sizes
- Pencil Pro with squeeze gesture and haptic feedback
- Redesigned Magic Keyboard for new iPad Pro

Everything Announced at Today's Apple Event
<https://www.macrumors.com/2024/05/07/everything-announced-may-7-event/>

Everything Announced in 8 Minutes!
<https://youtu.be/qc7eFY82gQw>

Also 10th gen ipad is the new entry level at a new, lower price
(£349/$349). The gap between it and the next model up, the ipad air, is
pretty big at £250/$250.

Is it just me, but I find the ipads expensive? As soon as you add a pencil
or keyboard you're getting close to macbook prices.

They’re overpriced, but most apple products are.

Ordinarily I disagree. Just because Apple doesn't do cheap kit doesn't mean
it's overpriced.

However, iPads are approaching "how much?!" prices. Like I said the jump
from entry-level to the next one is big. The cynic in me thinks that the
ipad is only there so that Apple can say "prices starting at £349" rather
than "prices starting at £599". Those are very different segments of the
market.

Apart from creatives who need to work with a pen/pencil, I'd love to know
the use cases for an ipad pro (starting at £1299) over, say, a MBA (£999).