Re: To adults - very few on this newsgroup - like badgolferman - what do you think of the facts?

Sujet : Re: To adults - very few on this newsgroup - like badgolferman - what do you think of the facts?
De : andrew (at) *nospam* spam.net (Andrew)
Groupes : misc.phone.mobile.iphone comp.mobile.ipad comp.sys.mac.system
Date : 15. May 2024, 03:48:58
badgolferman wrote on Wed, 15 May 2024 01:33:32 -0000 (UTC) :

He must know how iOS updates its software.
It's spelled out pretty clearly in Apple�s own document above.

Note: Because of dependency on architecture and system changes to any
current version of Apple operating systems (for example, macOS 14, iOS 17,
and so on), not all known security issues are addressed in previous
versions (for example, macOS 13, iOS 16, and so on).

Hi badgolferman,

You know, as well as I do, that Apple only fully supports one release.
But I'm not at all sure that Jolly Roger (and the others) understand it.

Bear in mind I'm the one who informed this newsgroup (long ago) that
Apple only fully supports one major release for all known bugs.

Had I not informed them, they'd never know this and they'd still be
spouting the lie that Apple fully supports more than one major release.

Meanwhile, as you saw from the links, Google and Samsung now support
however many major releases occur in a seven year period - and - as you saw
from the links - since Android 4.4 Google has been updating _all_ Androids
monthly for other hotfix security and basic operating system updates.

Still, Jolly Roger & the rest of them vehemently disagree, saying that they
get iOS or macOS bugfixes every once in a while (as do all the common
consumer operating systems) - and - to them - that's proof of "full"
support.

It's not.

They didn't understand that full hotfix support is completely different
than occasional egregious-bug hotfix support, such as what happened today.
 *Yet again, Apple forgot to sufficiently test desktop & iOS versions*
 <https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13855&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#13855>

What's no longer shocking is I know iOS better than anyone here,
it seems, and I don't even care about iOS - I'm just not stupid.

None of them understand how any operating system updates, badgolferman.
And yet, they're supremely confident in spouting the lies they spew.

They call all these facts, trolls.
 <https://www.cisa.gov/known-exploited-vulnerabilities-catalog>
 <https://screenrant.com/apple-product-security-update-lifespan/>
 <https://support.apple.com/guide/deployment/about-software-updates-depc4c80847a/>
 <https://hothardware.com/news/apple-admits-only-fully-patches-security-flaws-in-latest-os-releases>
 <https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2022/10/apple-clarifies-security-update-policy-only-the-latest-oses-are-fully-patched/>
 <https://www.cnet.com/tech/mobile/samsung-extends-android-and-security-updates-to-7-years/>
 <https://www.tomsguide.com/opinion/google-pixel-8-software-updates>
 <https://www.androidheadlines.com/2022/01/google-monthly-changelog-play-system-updates.html>

Bear in mind there's a reason why iOS is so full of holes.

One of the reasons is only recently did Apple begin to do
what every other common consumer operating system does,
which is to patch only the bug and not update the whole release.
 *RSR patches (only available in iOS 16+)*
 <https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201224>

Also bear in mind Apple's naming convention for update vs upgrade.
 *Distinguishing software updates from upgrades*
 <https://support.apple.com/guide/deployment/about-software-updates-depc4c80847a/>

I talk to you differently than I do to them since you're an
educated adult so I provided you with the detail sufficient
to know that I understand far better how iOS updates than
does Jolly Roger and the rest of them.

That's kind'a funny isn't it?
I don't even care about iOS and I know more than they do.