Re: To adults - very few on this newsgroup - like badgolferman - what do you think of the facts?

Sujet : Re: To adults - very few on this newsgroup - like badgolferman - what do you think of the facts?
De : ithinkiam (at) *nospam* gmail.com (Chris)
Groupes : misc.phone.mobile.iphone comp.mobile.ipad comp.sys.mac.system
Date : 23. May 2024, 23:26:59
Andrew <andrew@spam.net> wrote:
Chris wrote on Mon, 20 May 2024 09:43:04 -0000 (UTC) :

Andrew <andrew@spam.net> wrote:
Chris wrote on Wed, 15 May 2024 17:12:35 -0000 (UTC) :

<https://www.androidheadlines.com/2022/01/google-monthly-changelog-play-system-updates.html>
"Google System updates, meanwhile, are fully automated. Originally
referred to as Project Mainline, these updates fix bugs discovered
in various OS components like device connectivity, location services,
media services, Emergency alerts, and others."

But does it patch every exploit in android which is what you claim Apple
does do? Having lots of updates on *some* things is pointless.

Chris,

Answer the question.

I responded to every one of your questions,

You do respond (not always), but you rarely answer.

Chris (see below), as if
you own the same adult capacity to comprehend details as I do, Chris.

In addition, after I spent a while documenting the answers for you,
Chris - which I expect you to read and understand every cite below
before responding, I posed a question for you in the last line of
this missive. *Please see the last line for a question for you.*

Posting a list of links for the reader to reach a conclusion from is not an
answer.

Just as Microsoft doesn't patch Firefox bugs, Android has a system for
updating all the apps (it's part of the Google Play Store setup, Chris).

Just as Microsoft has a monthly Patch Tuesday, Android has a monthly patch
of every single Android device on the Internet (older than version 4.4).

Yet, major app developers choose to not support such versions of Android
because it isn't secure.

And for platform specific bugs, Samsung and Google have full support for
seven years now

From now, yes, but currently in use models will still only get 3-4 years.
Which is less than iphones.

Do you understand any of that, Chris?

You don't understand the question.

Many apps also won't be updated if they're on old versions of android. So
again partially patching android 4.4 is pointless.

What you do not understand is the non-Google apps are updated separately.

I absolutely know that, which is exactly the point. Non- google apps refuse
to update their apps on obsolete versions of android. So Google supposedly
updating some parts of Android 4.4 is a waste of time.

Again, I will speak with you as if you're an adult, Chris.
Even though this has been explained on this group umpteen times already.

All non-Google apps are updated by their developers, Chris.
Just like non-Apple apps are updated by their developers, Chris.

The non-Google apps are automatically updated, by default, on Android, by
the Google Play Store update mechanism.

Not if they're on too old versions of android.

Answer the question. Is the frequency of android updates a good thing?

Yet again,

You've answered nothing.

I have shown you the evidence several times. The fact you chose to snip it
rather address it, speaks volumes regarding your wilful ignorance.

Chris,

This is why I call you Apple religious zealots what I call you.

I answered all your questions so many times

No you haven't. Responding with verbatim repetition of your garbage is not
an "answer".

The evidence is two-fold: 1) Apple updates older versions of ios very
regularly, 2) ios support of older hardware is *years* longer than Google
or Samsung. Their new policies will only come into reality i'm a few years.

Read the references, Chris. These are facts. Not trolls.
 <https://www.cisa.gov/known-exploited-vulnerabilities-catalog>
 <https://screenrant.com/apple-product-security-update-lifespan/>
 <https://support.apple.com/guide/deployment/about-software-updates-depc4c80847a/>
 <https://hothardware.com/news/apple-admits-only-fully-patches-security-flaws-in-latest-os-releases>
 <https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2022/10/apple-clarifies-security-update-policy-only-the-latest-oses-are-fully-patched/>
 <https://www.cnet.com/tech/mobile/samsung-extends-android-and-security-updates-to-7-years/>
 <https://www.tomsguide.com/opinion/google-pixel-8-software-updates>
 <https://www.androidheadlines.com/2022/01/google-monthly-changelog-play-system-updates.html>

You live in the past. That last thing you heard about Apple was from Jobs.

The fact is Apple only fully supports one release only.
No other operating system vendor has support that sucks that bad.

It's an acceptable model when all supported hardware can run the most OS.
You wouldn't expect anyone to keep a 386 up-to-date? Maybe you would.

Answer the question!

One more time I'm going to respond to you as if you're an adult.
That means you need to read and undersand the response, Chris.

If you can't do that, you don't own adult comprehensive skills, Chris.
Especially for someone who claims to have a PhD in the life sciences.

My Windows desktop was built in 2009 and it's still running a fully
supported operating system that has all known bugs patched, Chris.

Yet again you're not answering the question. Should MS keep supporting a
386?