Re: Jolly Roger: I often ignore posts from Google. Use a real news client instead.

Sujet : Re: Jolly Roger: I often ignore posts from Google. Use a real news client instead.
De : andrew (at) *nospam* spam.net (Andrew)
Groupes : misc.phone.mobile.iphone comp.sys.mac.system comp.mobile.ipad
Date : 24. May 2024, 04:13:59
*Hemidactylus* wrote on Fri, 24 May 2024 01:55:56 +0000 :

Keep the sig as a reminder of the shitshow Google Groups was.
Don't be evil my ass!

Can't disagree Google is evil, particularly in terms of privacy.
And Google got caught in a whole bunch of big lies, like Apple did.

Microsoft is no better - what with requiring a login in Windows 11
(which you can remove - and which causes no disadvantages - but still).

Worse, Samsung copied Apple's trick of claiming by charging your for a
charger but not putting it in the box, is somehow "green" because now you
have to go out and purchase the correct charger for your Samsung phone.

It's a fact that Apple paved the way in a lot of losses to consumers.
But for these companies to follow Apple's ways is to make them no better.

The only difference is if you chastise them on the adult operating system
newsgroups, everyone understands - but if it happens on the religious
zealot Apple newsgroups - everyone gets all worked up because they feel any
truth about Apple is attacking their deity which they defend to the death.