Re: Jolly Roger: I often ignore posts from Google. Use a real news client instead.

Sujet : Re: Jolly Roger: I often ignore posts from Google. Use a real news client instead.
De : andrew (at) *nospam* spam.net (Andrew)
Groupes : misc.phone.mobile.iphone comp.sys.mac.system comp.mobile.ipad
Date : 25. May 2024, 06:44:04
Jolly Roger wrote on 25 May 2024 02:18:58 GMT :

Secondly, you lied about Apple support for years and years, JR.

Nope, and you can't provide a link to me lying.

And yet, you are still ignorant that Apple is the only common consumer
operating system supplier who only fully supports a single release, JR.
<https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2022/10/apple-clarifies-security-update-policy-only-the-latest-oses-are-fully-patched/>

You know absolutely nothing about how Apple updates iOS & macOS.

I know far more than you, and you lie constantly.

The point of this thread was that you are not only unaware that Google
Groups died long ago, but that Apple has the worst support in the industry.

You don't even know that Google Groups died long ago, Jolly Roger.

I knew before it happened...

Just like you knew that Apple's support is the worst in the industry, JR.

 <https://www.cnet.com/tech/mobile/samsung-extends-android-and-security-updates-to-7-years/>
 "Samsung phones now come backed with seven years' worth of
  security updates and seven generations of OS upgrades."

 <https://www.tomsguide.com/opinion/google-pixel-8-software-updates>
 "That support covers everything, including full Android updates,
  the regular Pixel feature drops and security updates."

In addition, for billions of Android devices around the world, Google has
been updating _all_ of those on the net over version 4.4 for years!

Monthly.
<https://www.androidheadlines.com/2022/01/google-monthly-changelog-play-system-updates.html>
  "Google System updates, meanwhile, are fully automated. Originally
   referred to as Project Mainline, these monthly updates fix bugs
   discovered in various core OS components like device connectivity,
   location services, media services, Emergency alerts, and others."

It's so seamless, most Android users don't even know it is updating.