Re: Anyone know if ANY of the AI chat options for iOS will speak & listen for free without a login required

Sujet : Re: Anyone know if ANY of the AI chat options for iOS will speak & listen for free without a login required
De : andrew (at) *nospam* spam.net (Andrew)
Groupes : misc.phone.mobile.iphone comp.mobile.ipad
Date : 15. Jun 2024, 16:55:48
Andrew wrote on Sat, 15 Jun 2024 14:22:38 -0000 (UTC) :

Anyone know if ANY of the AI chat options for iOS will speak & listen
(for free without a login required)?

I'm trying to help an older person who can't see well, where I installed
the iOS ChatGPT and it won't install on my iPad (it hates the VPN).

If not for free, and if a privacy-tracking login is required, that is the
worst-case scenario, but she'll probably go for that too if it's required.

Does anyone know if the iOS 18 built-in AI will speak & listen?

I tested the official ChatGPT (white icon) in the App Store on my iPad
but it does not listen nor speak directly, plus it tracks every query.
 <https://apps.apple.com/us/app/chatgpt/id6448311069>

However, it can use the microphone to do speech to text (which works).
And it can use Text To Speech to speak out the words (with effort).
 <https://i.postimg.cc/2S1CBT01/chatgpt01.jpg>
 <https://i.postimg.cc/MGRx9H2x/chatgpt02.jpg>

But it's not direct, either way.

Does anyone know if there's an AI app for iOS that speaks/listens?
Or, does anyone know if the iOS 18 chat will be direct both ways?