Re: Ignoring requests for Apple ID

Sujet : Re: Ignoring requests for Apple ID
De : nuh-uh (at) *nospam* nope.com (Alan)
Groupes : misc.phone.mobile.iphone comp.sys.mac.system comp.mobile.ipad
Date : 30. Jun 2024, 01:15:23
On 2024-06-29 15:58, Andrew wrote:
Your Name wrote on Sun, 30 Jun 2024 10:43:04 +1200 :

An iPhone that was never set up completely always asks for the iCloud
credentials first when turned on and does it again and again.

In my case none of those features are useful since my phone plan
does not include data. To me it's just a phone, for calls in a
pinch. It appears that I can ignore the demands for a password.

Thanks for reading,

bob prohaska

If it is iCloud features that keeps asking for the Apple ID and you do
not want to use them, then you're probably best to turn iCloud off to
stop it asking. Exactly how to do that may depend on the version of iOS
you're using, but try: <https://www.wikihow.com/Disable-iCloud>
 The problem I've found by not constantly logging into the iCloud (but being
logged into it once and having never logged out of it), is you can install
apps, but you can't delete them and then re-install those very same apps!
False.

 Most of the ignorant Apple religious zealots are unfamiliar with all these
gotchas, simply because they're all too timid to test them out as I do.
 As noted, I refused for two years on two different iPads to sign into any
of the Apple servers and what Apple does, eventually, is unilaterally brick
the device such that you can no longer log in even when you KNOW the
password. (Yes, I know the iKooks say otherwise but they never tested it.)
  <https://i.postimg.cc/FHKHm9kD/locked01.jpg> Apple requires frequent login
Completely unsupported by the image.

  <https://i.postimg.cc/WzjsyjPm/locked02.jpg> Most things still work
Indeed

  <https://i.postimg.cc/MGC6yVPF/locked03.jpg> But some stop working
Those are all cloud services you don't need.
WhatsApp doesn't work if you don't log in; just the same as Facetime or iMessage.
Google Drive doesn't work if you don't log in; just like iCloud Drive.

  <https://i.postimg.cc/jdxsQsct/locked04.jpg> Apple will brick the login
Completely unsupported by the image AND also, to my personal knowledge, completely false.