Re: GNU/Linux is the Empowerment of the PC. So What Do You Do?

Sujet : Re: GNU/Linux is the Empowerment of the PC. So What Do You Do?
De : ff (at) *nospam* linux.rocks (Farley Flud)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date : 08. Apr 2024, 10:09:03
On Sun, 7 Apr 2024 20:30:02 -0500, Physfitfreak wrote:

What _app_ do you use for best experience of mp3 music? As I said, on my
machine the best sound I think is that of Celluloid. If you have an app
that works better than Celluloid, or a setting that results better
sound, I'm interested to know about, cause listening to music for me is
an important part of my life.

From a technical point of view, the best mp3 player is mpg123:

http://mpg123.org/

Madplay is a close second:

http://www.underbit.com/products/mad/

These are both command-line programs.

But, on GNU/Linux, any mp3 player will do a good job because all/most
of them use the same libraries such as from libmad or libmpg123.

Regarding audio settings, alsamixer gives access to all soundcard
parameters.  There are other mixers but I don't know their names.
Alsamixer does everything.  Why use anything else?