Re: The problem with Linux

Sujet : Re: The problem with Linux
De : bowman (at) *nospam* montana.com (rbowman)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date : 22. Mar 2024, 05:01:25
On Thu, 21 Mar 2024 08:47:25 -0000 (UTC), Borax Man wrote:

Support lines may help, but the best support is someone you know you can
ask questions, which makes the best way to get people into Linux, is to
promote it to people you think may be interest AND are willing to help.
I'm going to install it on another acquaintences machine, as he is
interested in moving away from Microsoft.

I wonder how many support calls RHEL and the other enterprise Linux
distros get? In my experience our clients have our support people on speed
dial and wouldn't think of asking Microsoft for help even with obvious
windows problems.