iconv "versions"

Sujet : iconv "versions"
De : OFeem1987 (at) *nospam* teleworm.us (Chris Ahlstrom)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date : 14. Mar 2024, 22:48:08
So I'm writing code that calls iconv(3), and it's reading a file encoded in
an ISO-8859-1 character set and converting to UTF-8, and it keeps complaining
about "invalid multibyte sequence".

I'm pounding my head trying to debug the issue, goo-goo'ing for related issues,
even trying a different implemenation.

I give up, commit the code to my home "server" on the "Ubuntu" laptop.

Later, I fire up the "Arch" laptop, pull the code, build it, run it, and run
the test script. No problem!

Although no version info appears in "man 3 iconv", the text is different, so
something changed.

Them damn GNU libraries! :-D

At least it got me to write a slightly better conversion function, based on
the "recode()" function in the Fluxbox code base.

--
I <heart> Fluxbox.