Re: This FOSS Thang :-)

Sujet : Re: This FOSS Thang :-)
De : OFeem1987 (at) *nospam* teleworm.us (Chris Ahlstrom)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date : 24. Mar 2024, 15:24:26
vallor wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

On Sun, 24 Mar 2024 01:30:02 -0000 (UTC), candycanearter07
<candycanearter07@candycanearter07.nomail.afraid> wrote in
<utnvmq$3vgcp$1@dont-email.me>:

rbowman <bowman@montana.com> wrote at 20:50 this Saturday (GMT):
On Sat, 23 Mar 2024 05:10:09 -0000 (UTC), candycanearter07 wrote:

I do like the asthetic of amber monitors..

https://github.com/Swordfish90/cool-retro-term

At least on my box it's a little too retro. The slightly lighter
background in the screen shot keeps sweeping down in a simulated
refresh.

I flip it around when I configure Termianl, Windows Terminal and so
forth to use black text on a sort of beige background. #FFFDD0 is
close.

I'm using cool-retro-term to post right now! :D

Will have to check that out.

For hardcore retro, you can also use the "phosphor" screen hack
from xscreensaver:

$ /usr/libexec/xscreensaver/phosphor -program bash

Cool stuff, guys!

Just install cool-retro-term on Ubuntu. One setup it needs to add is the Atari
ST with its Herkey (sp?) font.  Putting in a issue request.

--
But, for my own part, it was Greek to me.
-- William Shakespeare, "Julius Caesar"