Re: This FOSS Thang :-)

Sujet : Re: This FOSS Thang :-)
De : ronb02NOSPAM (at) *nospam* gmail.com (RonB)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date : 30. Mar 2024, 04:40:12
On 2024-03-29, rbowman <bowman@montana.com> wrote:
On Thu, 28 Mar 2024 16:22:39 -0400, Joel wrote:

Exactly, I happen to think M$'s GUI is logical, and voila, Mint Cinnamon
gives me essentially the same thing.  Choice.  Others want something
else.  Also, choice.  It's beautiful.

I've never run Mint Cinnamon but the Fedora KDE spin and the Lubuntu LXQt
are similar to Windows. I'm not crazy about the GNOME on the Ubuntu box or
the Xfce on the Debian one but I can live with them.

The configuration of Cinnamon, Xfce and Mate in Linux Mint are all basically
the same. Looks a lot like Windows 7, I guess. I've seen Xfce more or less
set up to emulate a Mac also, but I like Linux Mint's configuration better.

I'm used to the standard Gnome (GTK) applications, which is probably the main
reason I don't use KDE. (I try KDE every now and then, I could probably get
used to it if I had to.)

--
[Self-centered, Woke] "pride is a life of self-destructive fakery, an
entrapment to a false and self-created matrix of twisted unreality."