Re: GNU/Linux is the Empowerment of the PC. So What Do You Do?

Sujet : Re: GNU/Linux is the Empowerment of the PC. So What Do You Do?
De : physfitfreak (at) *nospam* gmail.com (Physfitfreak)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date : 06. Apr 2024, 17:10:27
On 4/6/24 05:52, Farley Flud wrote:
On Fri, 5 Apr 2024 22:18:46 -0500, Physfitfreak wrote:

Plus, in Linux there's no adequate Persian phonetic keyboard layout so I
could type in Persian. I tried everything available, and they're all
badly made and cannot be switched back and forth with English easily.

 That's an interesting problem, and there must be a lot of people
working on it.
 Check out these links:
 https://github.com/sinadarvi/windows-persian-keyboard-for-linux
 https://keyman.com/keyboards/basic_kbdfa
 A Google search for "linux Persian keyboard" should provide
many more links.
 There could also be Linux user groups that could give you
assistance.

Done all that! There's no problem in installing a Persian keyboard layout. The main issue is that the layout works only in certain apps and not the rest. They don't carry that layout into every app one uses in Linux.
And I happen to use an app quite often, in Linux, but have not found any layout out there that works inside it.
So Linux is still for fiddlers and fun lovers. As soon as you want something serious done, you see the hand of Microsoft bribing the developers.