Re: X is Alive!

Sujet : Re: X is Alive!
De : OFeem1987 (at) *nospam* teleworm.us (Chris Ahlstrom)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date : 10. Mar 2024, 01:15:41
Diego Garcia wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

All the fucking worthless doomsayers in the on-line press have a habit
of claiming that X Window is dead.

But my Gentoo emerge for this week saw  that following X updates:

libXdmcp
libxcb
xlsfonts
xrefresh
libXcursor
xev
xauth
xpr
libXaw3d
x11-apps/editres
xfontsel
xmessage

Whoa!  That's a lot of fucking updates!

X Window is very much alive and kicking.

I will soon be exploring Wayland but X Window will be my main GUI
for a LONG time.
Can't you maroon yourself on Diego Garcia and just STFU?
--
Learn to pause -- or nothing worthwhile can catch up to you.