Re: X is Alive!

Sujet : Re: X is Alive!
De : bowman (at) *nospam* montana.com (rbowman)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date : 11. Mar 2024, 01:44:18
On Sun, 10 Mar 2024 19:26:53 -0000 (UTC), vallor wrote:

Sometimes, people call it "X Windows", but I've never seen "X Window"
unless discussing an actual window on X.

amazon.com/Programming-Manual-Version-Definitive-Guides/dp/0937175277

I have the feeling I could find a reference to 'X Window' someplace in the
7 volumes. (8 volumes in truth since Motif is divided into 6a and 6b and
counting starts at 0).

https://www.thriftbooks.com/series/the-definitive-guides-to-the-x-window-
system/80847/

I've never seen 7 since I worked in Motif, not XView.

The joy of Motif is sooner or later you'll be directly calling Xlib and Xt
functions. That is one of Wayland's drawbacks or design philosophy
depending on how you want to look at it.