Re: X is Alive!

Sujet : Re: X is Alive!
De : nospam (at) *nospam* dfs.com (DFS)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date : 12. Mar 2024, 01:53:57
On 3/11/2024 7:06 PM, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
Joel wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

DFS <nospam@dfs.com> wrote:
On 3/11/2024 2:16 PM, shitv wrote:

-- "In practice, though, Linux users are just as controlled by the
distro makers and FOSS app developers as commercial users are by
Microsoft and closed-source app developers." - DumFSck, lying shamelessly

No doubt about that whatsoever.

For instance, you've not once hacked the source to make any significant
feature or GUI changes to your Linux apps or desktops.

In theory, you could tinker with the code and screens to your heart's
content (since you have the source).

In practice, you don't have the skill.  Very very very few do.

Got it, bozo?
 Say Boze, you don't seem to realize that skilled people make those changes
*on* *behalf* of the users.
The 99.9% of Linux users that have no choice but to accept every app and DE as it is.  Very much like the 100% of Windows/commercial users who are stuck with what they give you.
So it's just like I said: in practice.
When the ignoramus shitv calls me a liar for making such statements, it's that moron who's lying about me.

And they are not inhibited by commercial
considerations, but by what works weil, improves the code, and satisfies their
wants and almost always the wants of their "customers".
I would hope ALL devs listen to user feedback.
MS ignored me for a LONG time when I kept complaining that Outlook online never actually deleted messages (even though you moved them to Trash, then went to Trash and deleted them again, you could still resurrect the motherfuckers.)  I complained about it every few months and nothing was done.  I gave up.
That was years ago.  I just checked, and you can still "recover" stuff you tried to delete 2x already.  I just "recovered" old emails from 2.5 months ago, even though the screen says "Items in this folder will be deleted in 30 days."
Gawd.  Just delete them already!  I HATE that kind of handholding.