Re: This FOSS Thang :-)

Sujet : Re: This FOSS Thang :-)
De : nuxxie (at) *nospam* linux.rocks (Nuxxie)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date : 12. Mar 2024, 20:16:53
On Tue, 12 Mar 2024 13:43:52 -0400, -hh wrote:

What we've seen with some Linux fanboy braggarts

Why thank you.  Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!

is that one can write
very speedy code if one optimistically assumes that there's no on ever
doing anything malicious to hack into a system,

I can state, not optimistically but with absolute certainty, that there
is/has/will no one ever doing anything malicious to hack into my system.

Nope.  Never has.  Never will.

so there's zero overhead
to validate/sandbox the inputs.

It's not just valdating the inputs but a plethora of other things that
the distros enforct that really, truly, and unequivocally degrade the
performance of system.

Distro lackeys, like you, are using deliberately crippled systems.

Fortunately, CPU power now easily exceeds the 80% use case demands,

Not MY use case.

But then that's just more excuse mongering from an idiot that is forced
to use a crippled system and is helplessly trapped therein.