Re: iconv "versions"

Sujet : Re: iconv "versions"
De : OFeem1987 (at) *nospam* teleworm.us (Chris Ahlstrom)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date : 18. Mar 2024, 15:33:31
Farley Flud wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

On 17 Mar 2024 21:53:30 GMT, Stéphane CARPENTIER wrote:

From what I see at work, in a, not that old, Windows VM, it's still not
utf-8 by default.

You stupid jackass.  The Microslop default is UTF-16, which is a
very poor choice compared to GNU/Linux UTF-8.

But the fact that you did not know this only proves your total
incompetence.

Huh? Stéphane made both statements that you claim he did not know.

You syldexic? :-D

The old
encodings had a purpose long time ago. Now, they are done and they
should stay only in museums.

The "old" encodings are far more common than an incompetent idiot
like you can realize.

That's why it's critical to have GLIBC include all possible encodings
for the foreseeable and not-foreseeable future.

Don't forget.  I am the expert and you are not.  Your opinion is
worth less than dog shit.

From the Donald J. Trump of COLA :-D

--
Go to a movie tonight.  Darkness becomes you.