Re: Why Python When There Is Perl?

Sujet : Re: Why Python When There Is Perl?
De : OFeem1987 (at) *nospam* teleworm.us (Chris Ahlstrom)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date : 20. Mar 2024, 14:30:47
Nuxxie wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

On Tue, 19 Mar 2024 22:24:54 +0000, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

With Perl, there was always this feeling of unplumbed depths, subtleties
just beyond my reach.

With Python, everything I did made sense.

You have more or less just paraphrased what was atated in the original
post.

Since I learned assembly language way before anything else Perl is the
more natural language for me.  OO tends to appeal to those who can't see
the machine.

On one team I worked with, the language was assembler (MASM).  The project had
some bigassed modules!

I showed the manager/programmer a book I'd bought on video processing. It
showed sample assembler code using C function-calling conventions (push bp; mov
bp,sp; add stack size to bp; run code; pop bp IIRC). He called the code
"obtuse".  :-D

--
ROMEO: Courage, man; the hurt cannot be much.
MERCUTIO: No, 'tis not so deep as a well, nor so wide