Re: Why Python When There Is Perl?

Sujet : Re: Why Python When There Is Perl?
De : bowman (at) *nospam* montana.com (rbowman)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date : 21. Mar 2024, 08:22:20
On Wed, 20 Mar 2024 08:30:47 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

I showed the manager/programmer a book I'd bought on video processing.
It showed sample assembler code using C function-calling conventions
(push bp; mov bp,sp; add stack size to bp; run code; pop bp IIRC). He
called the code "obtuse".  :-D

He should have seen some of the early hacks. With the early monitors you
had to look in the bit pattern for each character in the character ROM.

https://www.atariarchives.org/cgp/Ch02_Sec04.php

As the article say there are hardware solutions but you can also use a
microprocessor. The problem is you have the horizontal retrace time to get
the line ready and then you had to pump it out. The trick with the 8085
was to use push and pop which executed faster than the MOV instructions.

Building a stack frame is pretty basic.