Re: iconv "versions"

Sujet : Re: iconv "versions"
De : nospam (at) *nospam* dfs.com (DFS)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date : 21. Mar 2024, 18:13:05
On 3/21/2024 11:00 AM, candycanearter07 wrote:
DFS <nospam@dfs.com> wrote at 23:58 this Wednesday (GMT):
On 3/18/2024 11:47 PM, vallor wrote:
On Mon, 18 Mar 2024 10:06:48 -0400, DFS <nospam@dfs.com> wrote in
<65f84a75$0$2130810$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>:

On 3/18/2024 8:54 AM, Joel wrote:

WinNT is played out, save for specific needs to run apps, Linux is so
much smoother of a ride.

I haven't installed a Linux distro to bare metal in a long time.  What's
smooth about it?

Certainly not the (cr)apps.

So you haven't installed Linux in a long time, but you
make a claim about it.  Do you even listen to yourself? 🤣️

"to bare metal."

Just stick with Linux Subsystem for Windows, you'll do fine. :)

I will!

LSW is a better name than WSL, for sure.

My 6-mth evaluation of Win11 Enterprise ends today, and I have a Win11
Pro key (2 of them actually), so that's what I'll be installing shortly.
  I'm pretty sure Windows couldn't name it LSW because of some copyright?
Don't know.  My opinion is neither 'Windows' or 'subsystem' should be in the name, since it's not actually a subsystem of Windows in any way, shape or form.
Good info here:
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wsl/about
Whatever the name, I think MS did a good job with it.  Took them a while, but they made it really easy to use a few Linux distros right alongside Windows, and with good performance.