Re: The problem with Linux

Sujet : Re: The problem with Linux
De : joelcrump (at) *nospam* gmail.com (Joel)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date : 21. Mar 2024, 20:18:44
vallor <vallor@cultnix.org> wrote:

The "problem" with Linux is there is no "Genius bar" or "Best Buy" to
visit if there is a problem.  No "Geek Squad".

If you aren't your own systems guru, then you know someone
that can come by and work on your system, or that you can
take your system to get fixed.

In other words, even as a Mint user, I'm still relying on myself to
handle issues that arise, I built my computer, I'm not just a lamer
using an easy distro as Russell's drab, boring Gentoo machine
supposedly makes it out to be.

--
Joel W. Crump

Amendment XIV
Section 1.

[...] No state shall make or enforce any law which shall
abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the
United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of
life, liberty, or property, without due process of law;
nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal
protection of the laws.

Dobbs rewrites this, it is invalid precedent.  States are
liable for denying needed abortions, e.g. TX.