Re: iconv "versions"

Sujet : Re: iconv "versions"
De : candycanearter07 (at) *nospam* candycanearter07.nomail.afraid (candycanearter07)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date : 22. Mar 2024, 16:50:09
Joel <joelcrump@gmail.com> wrote at 18:15 this Thursday (GMT):
DFS <nospam@dfs.com> wrote:

neither 'Windows' or 'subsystem' should be in
the name, since it's not actually a subsystem of Windows in any way,
shape or form.

Good info here:
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wsl/about

Whatever the name, I think MS did a good job with it.  Took them a
while, but they made it really easy to use a few Linux distros right
alongside Windows, and with good performance.

WSL 2 is interesting, but not useful for production use of Linux GUI
apps under Win11, mostly for developers.  It's a cool thing to have
achieved, though, for M$.

It is admittedly cool, but in my opinion a bit undercut by Git Bash.