Re: Why Python When There Is Perl?

Sujet : Re: Why Python When There Is Perl?
De : bowman (at) *nospam* montana.com (rbowman)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date : 23. Mar 2024, 01:16:20
On Fri, 22 Mar 2024 15:42:10 -0400, DFS wrote:

"If you mean onboard avionics and guidance systems, a lot of Ada is
used, particularly by the US military, and C and numerous “specialty”
languages would also be used."

There are a surprising number of those 'specialty' languages. I had an
interview in San Diego that wound down rapidly when he asked 'Do you know
WXYZ?' and I said 'No.'  It is indicative of the way that industry
operates that they could have asked the question in the telephone
interview rather than flying me out from Boston. Not that I'm complaining.
It was January and there was nothing wrong with an all expense paid
vacation in SD. Going back sucked. The flight was delayed in Chicago
because one of the service vehicles had frozen to the plane.

I was skeptical when the trend started of building fighter planes that
couldn't be flown by a human.