Re: This FOSS Thang :-)

Sujet : Re: This FOSS Thang :-)
De : ronb02NOSPAM (at) *nospam* gmail.com (RonB)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date : 23. Mar 2024, 10:16:29
On 2024-03-23, rbowman <bowman@montana.com> wrote:
On Fri, 22 Mar 2024 22:53:54 -0000 (UTC), RonB wrote:

I pity the kids.

Beats the hell out of what I had as a kid:

https://picclick.com/1950s-Vintage-Yellow-Sterling-Multiplier-Pencil-Box-
Case-313543772142.html

I'm guessing you probably had a slide rule as well. I did — although I never
really used it. I think we were luckier, we actually did things outside.

I do remember when relatively inexpensive portable calculators first came to
Value-Mart in the early 70s. Of course I had to get one. That's when they
still used LEDs instead of LCDs — and sometimes even different colored LEDs,
like blue or green instead of red.

--
[Self-centered, Woke] "pride is a life of self-destructive fakery, an
entrapment to a false and self-created matrix of twisted unreality."