Re: Why Python When There Is Perl?

Sujet : Re: Why Python When There Is Perl?
De : bowman (at) *nospam* montana.com (rbowman)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date : 24. Mar 2024, 08:37:05
On Sat, 23 Mar 2024 18:41:12 -0500, Physfitfreak wrote:

Indians were great mathematicians before any other nations began doing
math. Today, they of course attribute to Kharazmi the first book on
algebra and, in fact, inventing it. But I'm not sure of that myself. Not
knowing how much Kharazmi borrowed from Indians, leaves some degree of
doubt in me about him being the inventor of Algebra. An expert in the
Indian older languages, who also has math background is required to see
into this to make sure it was, first, Kharazmi who did it, or it was
being done before him in India.

Much of what passes for Arab technology comes from Christendom locking
itself away for centuries. When they met the Muslims, not necessarily
Arabs of course, they accepted every thing that came from India at face
value not knowing the real origins.

https://www.infinityfoundation.com/mandala/t_es/t_es_rao-t_syntax.htm

But, I have a feeling that 20 years from now you won't find a shred of
evidence that this important role of bringing the Indian knowledge in
math into countries to the west of India was performed by no other
person than Kharazmi. The evidence is still here, but will most probably
not be here in 20 years. Arab money employs Satan to do what Arabs want
history to say. Kharazmi was no Arab.

There are a lot of memory holes. The West was upset when the Taliban blew
up the Buddhas of Bamiyan but didn't spend much time wondering exactly why
there were Buddhas in Afghanistan. Gandhara and the entire Greco-Buddhist
link is forgotten. Menander/Milanda doesn't make the history books nor
does the elements of Buddhism that were brought back to Greece.