Re: You Have No Worth: GNU/Linux Problem

Sujet : Re: You Have No Worth: GNU/Linux Problem
De : joelcrump (at) *nospam* gmail.com (Joel)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date : 27. Mar 2024, 22:22:43
DFS <nospam@dfs.com> wrote:

My Mint box simply flies.  He [Russell] can't out-advocate that.

Running Mint and Windows apps in Wine is fairly weak advocacy.  Give us
some Linux vs Windows stories to chew on.

I run IRC and Usenet apps under Wine, so what?  Do you think that's
all I'm doing with my computer in 2024?  I could do that with WinXP,
FFS.  You harp on the use of Wine as if it's wrong to use.  I think
it's a great way to enjoy the benefits of mIRC and Forte Agent without
running M$.

You'll probably need to setup a dual-boot with Win11, or install Windows
in a VM on your Linux crapbox.

I have VirtualBox with 32-bit and 64-bit unactivated VMs of Win10,
haven't really done anything with them.

 You generously gave me a Win10/11 Pro
key, which I appreciate, but I didn't use it and if you want it "back"
feel free to use it.

I thought you had a friend who could use it.  Please do.  I have no
use for it.

Note: Gamers-Outlet has some good deals right now
https://www.gamers-outlet.net/en/software

I just bought a Win11 Pro key for $7, and a VMWare Workstation 17 Pro
key for $6.

Interesting.

--
Joel W. Crump

Amendment XIV
Section 1.

[...] No state shall make or enforce any law which shall
abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the
United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of
life, liberty, or property, without due process of law;
nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal
protection of the laws.

Dobbs rewrites this, it is invalid precedent.  States are
liable for denying needed abortions, e.g. TX.