Re: I use a _normal_ text editor.

Sujet : Re: I use a _normal_ text editor.
De : bowman (at) *nospam* montana.com (rbowman)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date : 29. Mar 2024, 21:15:47
On Fri, 29 Mar 2024 14:16:38 -0000 (UTC), vallor wrote:

There is a "Visual Studio Code" for Linux.

Sure is. Part of the reason for moving the Win7 netbook to Lubuntu was
because VS Code doesn't do Win 7. It also isn't available on my 32-bit
Debian box. Other than that it's on all my machines, Windows or Linux.

I haven't hit an extension that doesn't work cross-platform either. I use
PlatformIO for Arduinos and MicroPico for the MicroPython on the RPi Pico
W. Pylance works for general Python work, the same for the C/C++ and C#
extensions. The .NET SDK is also cross platform so I do C# on Linux.
Jupyter Notebooks also works.  There are extensions for almost any
language but those are the ones I use.

What do you think of Eclipse, though?

Not much. I think the last time I used it was when we were developing an
Android app about 10 years ago but I switched to Android Studio when
Google stopped supporting the Eclipse ADT.

The most positive thing I can say about Eclipse is back in the day it was
better than NetBeans which truly sucked.