Re: I'm curious about DFS's experiment with DE's

Sujet : Re: I'm curious about DFS's experiment with DE's
De : bowman (at) *nospam* montana.com (rbowman)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date : 30. Mar 2024, 02:08:09
On Fri, 29 Mar 2024 18:54:52 -0400, DFS wrote:

Don't forget the various .msc programs:

gpedit.msc secpol.msc compmgmt.msc eventvwr.msc

Don't forget services.msc so you can shut down Windows Updater while
trying to fix the system.  True you can do  'net stop waupserv' but I can
never remember what the arcane service name is.

eventvwr.msc is such a pleasure to decode what the hell happened when the
machine crashed.

Not a msc but dcomcnfg is good for laughs too. I discovered a fix for the
days when DCOM turns to crap. There is a timeout that defaults to 60
seconds. Change it to 59 seconds and save the configuration. Immediately
change it back to 60, save and all better! I've no idea what corrupted
files are rewritten but I didn't ask questions.