Re: GNU/Linux is the Empowerment of the PC. So What Do You Do?

Sujet : Re: GNU/Linux is the Empowerment of the PC. So What Do You Do?
De : physfitfreak (at) *nospam* gmail.com (Physfitfreak)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date : 09. Apr 2024, 01:22:00
On 4/8/24 16:14, Farley Flud wrote:
Listening tests such as the ABX test are bullshit.  They are subjective
and rely upon the idiot listener, who is often tone deaf and mentally
deaf.
Hahhahhahhahh :-)))) And isn't there so many of them. I first noticed its prevalence in third grade because that's when our first music course was offered.
But even before that, I had discovered it in one of my cousins and in a friend of a friend. They could not sing some certain songs right and with no apparent reason.
The extremest case I've seen was one of my bosses in warehouse. Some dude from north or northeast. After a while of working around each other I noticed that he never sings a song for himself, or whistle, etc, and instead, every now and then, he'd start a strange mono tune like,
"Puh, puh, puh, puh" while slowly looking around, horizontally scanning about 180 degrees. I noticed him do that several times. If there was a counter or a table or desk or something that he was standing by, he'd also hit the tip of his pointing finger on that surface with the same frequency as what he uttered. At last I asked him about it in a polite manner, whether it was some sort of mantra for him. He didn't know what I was talking about! And when I explained better what I was referring to, I found that he didn't know at all he was doing that.
The part of head that's got to do with music, in his case was mashed potato. And nobody other than me knew that, including himself.