Re: GNU/Linux is the Empowerment of the PC. So What Do You Do?

Sujet : Re: GNU/Linux is the Empowerment of the PC. So What Do You Do?
De : OFeem1987 (at) *nospam* teleworm.us (Chris Ahlstrom)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date : 09. Apr 2024, 14:35:00
rbowman wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

On Mon, 08 Apr 2024 21:14:14 +0000, Farley Flud wrote:

Listening tests such as the ABX test are bullshit.  They are subjective
and rely upon the idiot listener, who is often tone deaf and mentally
deaf.

Well, yeah...   Waveform analysis doesn't mean anything if you can't hear
the difference. Human neurophysiology is not unlike an ADC. JND (just
noticeable difference) is easiest to understand with something like
weight. How much heavier do an apple have to be before you perceive it to
be heavier? Think about it like an 8bit ADC where a range of values all
get dumped into the same bucket.

Who the hell are you? Gustav Fechner? :-)

In my grad schools days I had a Fechner t-shirt.

--
Live in a world of your own, but always welcome visitors.