Re: GNU/Linux is the Empowerment of the PC. So What Do You Do?

Sujet : Re: GNU/Linux is the Empowerment of the PC. So What Do You Do?
De : bowman (at) *nospam* montana.com (rbowman)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date : 09. Apr 2024, 18:23:24
On Tue, 9 Apr 2024 08:35:00 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

Who the hell are you? Gustav Fechner?

In my grad schools days I had a Fechner t-shirt.

Sort of. My degree is in psychology, the experimental sort. The department
head was an old school behaviorist and the rest of the professors were
hard science types. 20 years later I would have gravitated to cognitive
science but it didn't exist. Even computer science didn't exist at RPI. I
learned FORTRAN but it was seen as another tool like a sliderule, not a
career opportunity.

It's been interesting over the years considering neural networks started
with an attempt to model a neuron. As you dig into the electro-chemical
processes going on in the axons and dendrites you sort of wonder how it
all works.