BlockNews doesn't censor you.

Sujet : BlockNews doesn't censor you.
De : Usenet (at) *nospam* Jeff-Relf.Me (Relf)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date : 12. Apr 2024, 00:51:57
You (DFS) replied ( to me ):
At times, blocknews is missing some articles and such;
some seconds later, they're back.

Did that just start?  For years BN has been rock solid and fast,
but in the past few months it's not working too well (for me).

Yes, it's new.  It took 10+ minutes for my
"Jeff-Relf.Me@Apr.11--8.27am.Seattle.2024" post to show up.

3:16pm, Seattle, BlockNews reported:
29 Requested posts, got all 29 in 6 Secs.

CntNew / 30_DayCnt
     7 / 513  DFS
     4 / 579  Ahlstrom
     1 / 146  Huntzinger
     2 / 243  ChrisV
     1 /  57  Tyrone│none@none_none
     1 / 597  Crump

My code actually checks that blocknews has the 10 MessageIDs
that makes up my "bookmark", in the order expected;
if it doesn't, it pays to try again later.

Which server(s) do you use to build a bookmark of 10 Msg-IDs in a
specific order?  What's the order?

Any server, every server; on the fly, willy-nilly.
At 3:16pm, it was:

    DFS  uv9lnt$1td30$3@dont-email.me
    DFS  uv9l6b$1td30$2@dont-email.me
    DFS  uv9kju$1td30$1@dont-email.me
    Crump  j9lg1jdgdbq9h9q1l3uturml5q36vuuqku@4ax.com
    ChrisV  2fkg1j1bq7291jl07o13s32l9r2abd3t7c@4ax.com
    DFS  uv9jaa$1t4ha$1@dont-email.me
    Crump  onig1jhgmcpjab63lf6gbrt6prup87jjch@4ax.com
    DFS  uv9ho9$1sp74$2@dont-email.me
    DFS  uv9hk5$1sp74$1@dont-email.me
    Ahlstrom  uv9g45$1s89v$4@dont-email.me

If an article is missing, or out of order, I might wait awhile . . .
  . . . or I might not, one "Found MessageID" is enough to continue.

Note also that eternal-september blocks a variety of nyms.
Using ES, I never see anything from alt.checkmate in cola (which is good).

Censorship is the price you pay for using EternalSeptember, nigga.
BlockNews doesn't censor you.

blocknews allows crossposting from alt.checkmate,
so their data often won't match with eternal-september.

Again:

    MessageID (instead of Article Number) "bookmarking" is tricky.
    I list MessageIDs (100 at a time), starting from the highest Article Number,
    until I find one of the 10 Message-ID "bookmarks" I've saved.

    One "Found MessageID" is enough to continue . . . or I wait.