Re: Microslop: World's Biggest Leecher

Sujet : Re: Microslop: World's Biggest Leecher
De : bowman (at) *nospam* montana.com (rbowman)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date : 20. Apr 2024, 03:11:05
On 19 Apr 2024 20:57:47 GMT, Stéphane CARPENTIER wrote:

I'm not working on it in the sense of having a teacher or doing
exercices. Something like half of what I'm reading is in English. And I
had to exchange with non French speakers, so it was in English,
something like two or three hours a week. A big part of the music I'm
listening and of the movies I'm looking at are in English too. Something
like thirty or forty percent.

Your program appears to be effective. Perhaps it has changed but it seemed
at one time you could find German, Italian, Israeli, and even Japanese
programmers on some projects but the French programmers were lacking.
Perhaps they were afraid of being contaminated by English. I know they
existed since I ran the Mandrake distro years ago.

One thing I learned was perfectly valid C code where all the variables,
structs, and functions were named in a language other than English was
very hard to follow.