Re: ISO of a linux animalware / antivirus scanner

Sujet : Re: ISO of a linux animalware / antivirus scanner
De : blissInSanFrancisco (at) *nospam* mouse-potato.com (Bobbie Sellers)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.misc
Date : 28. Aug 2024, 00:40:21
On 8/26/24 16:50, The Doctor wrote:
I suspect a Windows OS with an Intel MB
have malware embedded in them.
 Are there are Linux ISOs I can use to test my theory?
Well it is known that the Intels have a Minix fork
embedded to send data back to the factory. I think that
the data with which they are concerned relates to CPU
functions not with your Personal data. Windows and MS
use Windows for personal data collection.

Only thing I can suggest to excape these matters
is to go to an AMD Ryzen motherboard.
I see that you are worried about the full use
of your hard drive and that must be enabled in the BIOS
or not.  I suggest that that you remove Windows as soon
as you find a Linux Distribution with which you are
satisfied, in that it run from a Live Iso file aand
detects all your hardware.
If you did not think it was embedded I would
say to download Knoppix ISO file and use its Clam AntiVirus
software.
Good luck.
bliss- Dell Precision 7730- PCLOS 2024.06- Linux 6.6.47-Plasma 5.27.11
--
b l i s s - S F 4 e v e r at D S L E x t r e m e dot com