Re: NixOS commits a "purge" of "Nazi" contributors, forces abdication of founder

Sujet : Re: NixOS commits a "purge" of "Nazi" contributors, forces abdication of founder
De : blissInSanFrancisco (at) *nospam* mouse-potato.com (Bobbie Sellers)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.misc
Date : 04. Jul 2024, 18:12:35
Hi Joel,
On 7/4/24 07:11, Joel wrote:
D <nospam@example.net> wrote:
On Wed, 3 Jul 2024, RabidPedagog wrote:
On 2024-07-03 6:05 p.m., SugarBug wrote:

NixOS commits a "purge" of "Nazi" contributors,
forces abdication of founder

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=40870314

I found a youtube version of this article being read by a gray-bearded
tech nerd with a Hawaiian shirt: https://youtu.be/KsDYul3J3Dc

Maybe I should pop a pineapple pizza in the oven and watch the drama.

Darn, I thought I was the first to post this.

Are there any non-political distributions to switch to? Since I'm a free
speech extremist I'm against all projects that ban conservative, nazis and
communists who contribute.
PCLinuxOS bans all political speech from its User Forum.
Except for systemd talk though most of us are there because
we have a hate on for systemd.  Perhaps undeserved.
As far as the story about Activists banning non-Trans respecting
individuals from projects, it may have happened but I doubt any
transgender activists were really involved.  A lot of the transgender
parties I have known in my years were Technicians in one field or
another and a solely technical project would have attractive.

  I get you, but I'm a left-winger and I eat Chick-fil-A and Waffle
House, I'm not gonna boycott them when they're so fuckin' good.  I
just use what I like, and keep politics for voting.

If I could eat wheat I might be interested if I could afford
resturant prices.  I am going to slice open one of my nearly $3.00
each Gluten Free Sourdough sandwich buns to celebrate the 4th of july and make myself a nice hamburger for a change from my usual fare.
   Left-winger? Does that mean you are only interested in the Chicken's Left wing.  Kinky Culinary taste and expensive if you plan to have
a full ration of protein from the chicken's left wing.
But no I only jest. The Labor Movement brought us the 8 hour
day and better pay for our time. The thing I cannot for the life of
me understand is why some people think that all people having the
same rights diminishes their rights.  Special Rights for special
people? Like billionaires who pay less taxes than their custodial
personnel.
bliss- Dell Precision 7730- PCLOS 2024.07- Linux 6.6.36- Plasma 5.27.11
--
b l i s s - S F 4 e v e r at D S L E x t r e m e dot com