Re: After NixOS, faggots attack Ladybird web browser developer

Sujet : Re: After NixOS, faggots attack Ladybird web browser developer
De : rotflol2 (at) *nospam* hotmail.com (Borax Man)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.advocacy comp.os.linux.misc alt.os.linux
Suivi-à : comp.os.linux.misc
Date : 07. Jul 2024, 02:47:24
On 2024-07-06, tinker123 <tinker123@gmail.com> wrote:
I can understand being annoyed by such a request.

I probably would have put my annoyance aside and granted it.

A few harmless search and replace operations.

I think people overreacted to the request.

It was a small request.

Ever looking to sell advertising or gain attention for other reasons the
tech publication exploited this non-event to have something to publish.

I also don't think the use of that pejorative in the title was called
for.

My opinion.

No offense meant to the OP or anyone else.

It was not an overreaction to a small request.  You accept "just this
one" request, then the next comes, and the next.  This is their tactic,
start small, accuse people of being bigot for not doing this "one simple
thing", get in, ratchet up.

The moment you cave into ONE demand, things snowball.  You reject them
from the start.