Re: phone migration

Sujet : Re: phone migration
De : jollyroger (at) *nospam* pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Groupes : misc.phone.mobile.iphone comp.sys.mac.system comp.mobile.ipad
Date : 21. Jul 2024, 06:02:22
On 2024-07-21, Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:
On 2024-07-20 14:23, badgolferman wrote:
Alan wrote:

Apparently little Arlen  and his best buddy badgolferman have
never heard of Quick Start - yet little Arlen constantly claims
he knows more about Apple than anyone else.

Maybe you didn’t read the original message. I didn’t migrate the
phone, the IT technician did.

And he chose one method when he could have chosen another.

She.  Does that make a difference?

Yes.

As has been presented to you already:

'Choose how you want to transfer your data.

If you download from iCloud, your apps and data download in the
background so that you can start using your new device right away.

If you transfer directly from your previous device, you'll need to
wait for the transfer to complete on both devices before you can use
them.'

<https://support.apple.com/en-ca/102659>

Note that if you choose the latter, you will wait for everything to
come over directly from your old iPhone, but no downloading is
required.

Now: how long did the technician have your iPhone?

I think I was there 15-20 minutes.  That includes authenticating for
the MDM software and transfer of the phone number through VZW portal.
The required Microsoft apps were already preinstalled before I showed
up.

I mentioned earlier, the transfer method used was direct phone to
phone.  Considering this was a work phone, there was very little for
it to transfer since all mail is on the Microsoft Exchange servers
and I don't have personal apps or pictures on it.

I think you'll find that the reason everything wasn't where you left
it was because this wasn't the standard Apple iOS migration, but
rather one mediated by your company's MDM software.

Nah. He'll just claim "ignorance" and pretend Arlen is right.

When you perform an ordinary iOS migration from an old device to a new
one, everything is right where you put it.

Everyone but Arlen and badgolferman knows this from first-hand
experience. But they'll never acknowledge or admit this reality,
because: troll.

JR