Re: Unbelievable: no spell-check, Microsoft? Really?

Sujet : Re: Unbelievable: no spell-check, Microsoft? Really?
De : thomas.e.elam (at) *nospam* gmail.com (Tom Elam)
Groupes : comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date : 15. Jul 2024, 19:27:48
On 7/10/2024 1:26 PM, Alan wrote:
On 2024-07-10 07:45, Tom Elam wrote:
On 7/9/2024 4:28 PM, Alan wrote:
'Spellcheck in Notepad begins rolling out to Windows Insiders
Written By Dave Grochocki
published March 21, 2024

UPDATE 4/9: The below update for Notepad (version 11.2402.22.0) that introduces spellcheck has begun rolling out to Windows Insiders in the Beta and Release Preview Channels.'

<https://blogs.windows.com/windows-insider/2024/03/21/spellcheck-in-notepad-begins-rolling-out-to-windows-insiders/>

macOS has had system-wide spell checking since 2009.

Windows 10 has spell check, as does Windows 11. In Windows 11 it's Settings/Time and Language/Typing. It works in Notepad. Not sure why Notepad needs its own.
 You can't imagine when an app to take notes...
 ...in ENGLISH (or whatever language the user requires)...
 ...would need a spell chacker.
 The whole point is that to date, Notepad hasn't been able to USE the system wide spellchecker, Liarboy.
In my defense I don't think I ever used Notepad to create a document. I did use Wordpad a few times and it did spellcheck. I also used Notepad to view text documents and never needed spellcheck for those.
BTW, what's a spell chacker? (I note that chacker is a spelling error caught by the MS system-wide spellcheck and highlighted in Thunderbird. Did your beloved Mac not catch that? LOL at you Liarboy)