Re: phone migration

Sujet : Re: phone migration
De : andrew (at) *nospam* spam.net (Andrew)
Groupes : misc.phone.mobile.iphone comp.sys.mac.system comp.mobile.ipad
Date : 21. Jul 2024, 03:49:12
badgolferman wrote on Sat, 20 Jul 2024 21:36:54 -0000 (UTC) :

I mentioned earlier, the transfer method used was direct phone to
phone.

Hi badgolferman,

My main point is that Apple's IPA dumb-terminal backup/restore is mired in
the Stone Age in that no other operating system is as primitive as iOS is.

If you don't have access to the IPA on the App Store, you can't back it up.
Right down to the exact version (if that's what you want to transfer over).

If you can't back it up, you can't move it over to another dumb iPhone.

The zealots lied. You can't do it on iOS.
Yet, it works on every other operating system but the dumb-terminal iOS.

That was my main point about how poorly designed Stone-Age iOS truly is.
The rest of iOS backup/restore of your iPhone setup is just further detail.