Re: I honestly do not understand how people put up with Windows

Sujet : Re: I honestly do not understand how people put up with Windows
De : thomas.e.elam (at) *nospam* gmail.com (Tom Elam)
Groupes : comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date : 17. Sep 2024, 15:22:14
On 9/4/2024 6:48 PM, Alan wrote:
On 2024-09-03 09:29, Tyrone wrote:
On Aug 30, 2024 at 3:14:46 PM EDT, "Alan" <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:

But actually working on it is AWFUL.

The screen is awful. The rendering of fonts is awful. The fluidity of
the trackpad and pointer is awful.

There are settings for all of that. The screen may even be set to the wrong
resolution. If the screen's native res is 1920 x 1080 (for example) but in
Windows it is set for anything but that, it will look like shit.
 Well I won't blame Windows for the fact that some people are cheap about their computers. The Lenovo T450s screen is maxxed out at 1600x900. This particular client couldn't be convinced at the time to get anything higher.
 So the resolution is set to the correct value...
 ...and it still looks like shite.

But the reality is, 95% of Windows users "put up with it" because that it what
they are forced to use at work, 8 hours a day. Very few people go home and use
Windows for personal use. Most people have moved on to phones and iPads.
 Yup.
These days you can buy a perfectly usable Windows 11 machine for home use at a price point about 50% of the cheapest Macbook Air with similar SSD size.
Please supply third party data to support "But the reality is, 95% of Windows users "put up with it" because that it what they are forced to use at work, 8 hours a day. Very few people go home and use Windows for personal use. Most people have moved on to phones and iPads."