Re: Wildfires in Jasper NP, Canada

Sujet : Re: Wildfires in Jasper NP, Canada
De : recscuba_google (at) *nospam* huntzinger.com (-hh)
Groupes : comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date : 29. Jul 2024, 19:28:30
Tom Elam <thomas.e.elam@gmail.com> wrote:
On 7/24/2024 2:21 PM, -hh wrote:
Looks like Tom's trip might have some disruptions:

<https://apnews.com/article/wildfire-canada-jasper-national-park-evacuation-167dcc0e03984672584f9770799c2fb8>

-hh

We did not get to go to ice fields up that way. The tour company
substituted a very nice local trip with lunch. Otherwise all went off as
scheduled. We had a great time. The train trip was the highlight. If you
go choose the Gold level.

Glad to hear that you’re safe & relatively unaffected.

We had found Jasper to be a cute town; seems apparently that the main drag
has been wiped out, which is a loss.  Ice fields up that way were
okay…didn’t leave a huge impression on us, since we’ve been to a few others
prior…”ice is ice” to a certain degree :-)

For trains, was on one today (two, actually) to go to visit an Edgar Degas
special exhibit. Learned that with one exception, all of his bronzes were
made posthumously, as they were his private working pieces made only for
developing his own paintings in his studio.

-hh