Apple service at the local store

Sujet : Apple service at the local store
De : thomas.e.elam (at) *nospam* gmail.com (Tom Elam)
Groupes : comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date : 31. Aug 2024, 23:42:07
Interesting experience today. On the just-concluded Europe vacation I dropped my iPad 9 and the screen cracked a bit on the top right corner. Just cracked glass, everything still works. Met with the Genius Bar today and they would not fix it in-house. The guy told me that they generally do not even do iPad screen repairs, they replace the iPad. Since it has AppleCare+ my out-of-pocket cost of a new iPad is the $49 "service fee". It's been on the $3.49/month plan since new, about 20 months. If you include the AppleCare+ cost that's $120. They had none in stock, so I have to go back in a week.
I don't remember that level of service with my Android tablets.