Re: Problems with latest Java RE update??

Sujet : Re: Problems with latest Java RE update??
De : none (at) *nospam* none.none (Tyrone)
Groupes : comp.sys.mac.system
Date : 21. Jul 2024, 06:24:05
On Jul 20, 2024 at 11:51:40 PM EDT, "BungleBob" <bunglebob@thejungle.com>
wrote:

The Java preference panel popped up a notice about an update today
(Java RE 8 update 421 build 09), so I installed it, but it seems to be
buggy. After installation, the control panel simply crashes every time
you try to open it.

I reinstalled the previous version (Java RE 8 update 371) and that is
working fine.

Looks like it might be a good idea to skip this latest update.

I would not install Java on any computer I own. I would not use any software
that requires Java.

Java is a nightmare of incompatible versions, as in "this app needs this
version of Java and that app needs that version of Java".

Java is a relic of the past and is not needed today.