Re: [NEWS] Apple releases M3 MacBook Air models

Sujet : Re: [NEWS] Apple releases M3 MacBook Air models
De : david (at) *nospam* nomail.afraid.org (dgb (David))
Groupes : comp.sys.mac.system
Date : 08. Mar 2024, 00:24:20
On 7 Mar 2024 at 21:32:54 GMT, "Jolly Roger" <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:

On 2024-03-07, dgb <david@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
On 7 Mar 2024 at 16:42:05 GMT, "Jolly Roger" <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:
On 2024-03-07, dgb <david@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
On 7 Mar 2024 at 01:03:05 GMT, "Jolly Roger" <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:
 iCloud isn't an alternate storage location the way you are
suggesting.
 iCloud's primary purpose is synchronizing content between all of
your devices. If you add a file to iCloud, it is automatically
synced (transferred) to all of your other devices. If you delete
something from one device, it gets deleted from all of your other
devices and iCloud.  There are more suitable services available for
generic cloud file storage.
 I don't think that is right.
 It is right that's iCloud's primary purpose is synchronization.
 OK - Being able to take a photograph on my iPhone and have the image
almost instantly available on my iMac and iPad is one of the best
aspects of using Apple.

I believe iCloud can and does store material without necessarily
sending it to other Apple devices.
 That's not its primary purpose though. As exampled, photos, contacts,
reminders, calendars, iCloud Drive documents, app settings, and so on
are all synchronized between all of your devices. Add one and it
appears on all of your devices. Remove one from one device, and it
gets removed from iCloud and your other devices.
 I totally accept that!
 However, I can store any other item I wish.
 Yes, but the default behavior is if you delete it, it gets deleted from
your other devices.
Perhaps you are not aware of changes made to iCloud.
If you put Documents into iCloud, they are not added to iPhone and/or iPad.
See:-  https://i.ibb.co/ZfPsSjg/Screenshot-2024-03-07-at-22-19-10.png
HTH