Re: [NEWS] Apple releases M3 MacBook Air models

Sujet : Re: [NEWS] Apple releases M3 MacBook Air models
De : david (at) *nospam* nomale.afraid.org (dgb (David))
Groupes : comp.sys.mac.system
Date : 10. Mar 2024, 20:00:24
On 6 Mar 2024 at 16:23:38 GMT, "Jolly Roger" <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:

On 2024-03-06, dgb <david@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
On 6 Mar 2024 at 04:45:43 GMT, "Your Name" <YourName@YourISP.com> wrote:

The current reports say Apple are not planning on making a new 27in
iMac or iMac Pro any time soon. There are dubious rumours that pop up
from time to time, including going to 32in iMac.

That is my understanding too.

You could of course buy a Mac Mini or Mac Studio and add whatever
screen size you want. Not an "all-in-one", but depending on the
screen's base or using a display stand, it can almost be.

My Professor friend has done exactly that!  The Studio Display is just
wonderful - but expensive!

Best display I've ever owned. I have it sitting next to a 5K LG
UltraFine display, and it's striking how much better the Studio Display
is in just about every way: color accuracy, viewing angle, backlight
consistency, overall build quality, audio quality, and camera quality.
It's worth every penny I paid for it.

With iCloud storage being relatively cheap, there's no (apparent) need
to have lots of on-board storage nowadays.

Personally, I can't really function without at least 2 TB of internal
storage, but I know I'm not representative of the average user.

I'd like to know why you are convesing politely here yet have 'thrown your
toys out of the pram' elsewhere.
Will you tell?