Re: Orphaned CodoPods are found in Apple software

Sujet : Re: Orphaned CodoPods are found in Apple software
De : jollyroger (at) *nospam* pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Groupes : misc.phone.mobile.iphone comp.sys.mac.apps
Date : 07. Jul 2024, 21:30:04
On 2024-07-07, Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:
On 2024-07-07 12:06, Wolf Greenblatt wrote:
On Sun, 7 Jul 2024 07:37:29 -0400, Alan Browne wrote:

Isn't Swift touted to be "safe by design" on Apple own corporate
web pages?

You have 0 understanding of 3rd party toolchains and 3rd party code
bases.

Probably very true. All I know is researchers found a flaw in
millions of mac/iOS apps and Apple didn't find that same flaw even
after a decade.

Actually, no.

They found a flaw in one of the TOOLS developers USED to create
millions of apps.

They also stated there is no direct evidence of any of these
vulnerabilities being exploited in the wild.

Apparently we are supposed to ignore all of that, and the fact that open
source vulnerabilities on other platforms also go unnoticed for decades,
because: Apple BAD! 😉

JR